Rex Yuxing Du is the Bauer Professor of Marketing, Director of Ph.D. Programs at the Bauer College of Business, University of Houston and collaborates with Forthea in developing advanced analytics solutions.
He received his Ph.D. from Duke University and has been published in various leading marketing journals. His current research interests lie in online consumer interest tracking, brand health tracking, market response modeling, and interactive marketing.
- Du, Rex, Ye Hu, and Sina Damangir, “Leveraging Trends in Online Searches for Product Features in Market Response Modeling,” Journal of Marketing, 79 (1), 29-43, (2015).
- Du, Rex and Wagner Kamakura, “Improving the Statistical Performance of Tracking Studies Based on Repeated Cross-Sections with Primary Dynamic Factor Analysis,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, 32 (1), 94-112, (2015).
- Hu, Ye, Rex Du, and Sina Damangir, “Decomposing the Impact of Advertising: Augmenting Sales with Online Search Data,” Journal of Marketing Research, 51 (3), 300-310, (2014).
- Eunkyu Lee, Richard Staelin, Weon Yoo, and Rex Du, “A “Meta” Analysis of Multi-Brand, Multi-Outlet Channel Systems,” Management Science, 59 (9), 1950-1969, (2013).
- Du, Rex and Wagner Kamakura, “Quantitative Trendspotting,” Journal of Marketing Research, 49 (4), 514-536, (2012).
- Kamakura, Wagner and Rex Du, “How Economic Contractions and Expansions Affect Expenditure Patterns,” Journal of Consumer Research, 39 (2), 229-247, (2012).
- Du, Rex and Wagner Kamakura, “Measuring Contagion in the Diffusion of Consumer Packaged Goods,” Journal of Marketing Research, (February), 28-47, (2011).
- Du, Rex and Wagner Kamakura, “Where Did All That Money Go? Understanding How Consumers Allocate Their Consumption Budget,” 72 (6), 109-131, Journal of Marketing, (2008).
- Du, Rex, Wagner Kamakura, and Carl Mela , “Size and Share of Customer Wallet,” Journal of Marketing, 71 (April), 94-113, (2007).
- Du, Rex and Wagner Kamakura, “Household Life Cycles and Lifestyles in the United States,” Journal of Marketing Research, 43 (1), 121-132, (2006).
- Moorman, Chris, Rex Du, and Carl Mela, “The Effect of Standardized Information on Firm Survival and Marketing Strategies,” Marketing Science, 24 (2), 263-274, (2005).
- Du, Rex, Eunkyu Lee, and Richard Staelin, “Bridge, Focus, Attack, or Stimulate: Retail Category Management Strategies with a Store Brand,” Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 3 (4), 393-418, (2005).
- Du, Rex and John Farley, “Research on Technological Innovation as Seen through the Chinese Looking Glass,” Journal of Enterprising Culture, 9 (1), 53-89, (2001).
- Clarke, Thomas and Rex Du, “Corporate Governance in China: Explosive Growth and New Patterns of Ownership,” Long Range Planning, 31 (2), 239-251, (1998).