Terri Stevens loves to travel, especially aboard cruise ships (floating casinos!), and spends free time with family and enjoying the outdoors.
It’s that time of year again when kids of all ages excitedly finish off their Christmas wish lists while anticipating the joy of soon opening gifts filled with their heart’s desires. Although we can’t think of any material gifts we hope to find under the tree, with the holiday spirit surrounding us it is easy to imagine what we would wish for Christmas: an end to hunger, sorrow and pain; world peace; a healthy planet sustained by its inhabitants; more time with loved ones who passed; love, health and peace for all – things like that come to mind.
Since search engine optimization (SEO) is a big part of our lives, we thought about what an SEO Christmas wish list would contain. We looked back at our wish list from 2011 and, even though organic search has evolved through the years, the list remains about the same.
So here it is, the start to our 2017 SEO Christmas wish list:
- #1 ranking for our clients’ keywords – yes, organic keyword rankings still matter!
- A tremendous increase in non-brand organic search traffic and referrals – traffic that converts
- An outstanding conversion rate obtained and maintained
- High-quality natural backlinks from many relevant, high-authority domains
- A growing collection of five-star ratings and reviews for each client
- A massive, engaged social community for each of our clients
- Lots of new ideas for amazing campaigns with potential to go viral
- A few reliable, kick-ass copywriters who want to write, write, write and are filled with good, original ideas (contact us!)
- Industry experts with large followings who contact us wanting to guest post
- The return of keyword data “Not Provided” (Remember those days?)
- An end to blog comments obviously left only for a backlink (Unfortunately, people still do it)
- An end to high-ranking spam and reward for those following G guidelines. (Have you checked out some of the business names in local Packs lately?)
- A massage therapist standing behind me, working as we do
- A long cruise with new, exciting ports to explore (I know that’s not SEO related, but we all need an occasional vacation.)
I’m sure there are many others that will later come to mind, but with time limited my list ends here as we get back to making some of those SEO wishes come true. - Happy Holidays!