We’ve all seen it and unfortunately many of us have been guilty of it ourselves as well. The uber boring business Facebook page, you know, the ones with no comments, barely any friends and the only engagement that happens is amongst the people who work there.
This blog post is dedicated to all of those lifeless business Facebook pages out there. With these posting ideas I believe you’ll find yourself pumping up the volume on your company’s Facebook page before long and finding new and exciting ways to keep your audience engaged.
Without further ado – here we go:
1. Activities – When you have a post that requires user engagement like a fill in the blank or a multiple choice question, you’re bound to see comments, likes and genuine interest! Take a look at this example from McDonalds which generated over 15K comments – what a way to be engaged with your fans!
2. Cats!!! – Believe it or not, cats generate the majority of popularity online. From blogs, to websites, to YouTube and Facebook people love cats in the digital space! I am a bit biased myself since cats are a personal favorite of mine but regardless of my own interest in cats the numbers don’t lie. Ironically, you can find a way to plug in cats to relate to just about any type of business as well. Take a look at this post from Sony, they found a way to make cats relative to their brand and products while winning on Facebook at the same time.
3. Quotes – The online audience loves quotes and inspiring messages that help bring character to your page. Whether it’s just a text quote or accompanied by a photo, users love to see and share quotes with their friends online. It allows the brand the opportunity to get emotionally engaged with their audience….take this example from Disney for instance; I bet it instantly made you smile and remember a Disney memory!
4. Wacky Holidays – Did you know that just a couple of weeks ago people were celebrating national High Five Day? Coca-Cola knew and they benefited from it big time with this fun photo and a shout out to this fun wacky holiday. As a Facebook business page manager, always look for opportunities like this to share something new and entertaining.
5. Opinion – Everyone wants to share their opinion, especially on Facebook! Give your fans the opportunity to share their opinion and engage with your products and services. JCPenny did a nice job of this in the example below, kind of even makes me want to login and tell them what I think too!
This was just a small glimpse into some of the methods we like to use here at Forthea. We’re always looking for new and unique ways to engage online and bring conversation to the table. If you want to learn more about how Forthea can help you with your brand reputation and social media management let us know!