When social media first gained momentum, marketers wondered if email marketing was going to die. Instead of dying, email marketing joined forces with social media, becoming a force to be reckoned with. Email subscribers can be your brand ambassadors. Thanks to new widgets in your email campaigns, it’s easy to connect people directly from your email messages to your social networks.
Here are five easy tips to use email to grow your social media reach:
1) Add “follow us” buttons or links for each of your social networking accounts in the sidebar, header, or footer of your email template.
2) Include content from your social networks in your email messages to entice subscribers to become fans as well. For example, you could highlight an individual as “fan of the month”.
3) Make sure to highlight any recent social media-only promotions or contest winners. Your email subscribers won’t want to miss out on these exciting promotions.
4) Add social sharing buttons to each article in your email message. Using social sharing buttons in email messages resulted in a 30% higher click-through rate on average, according to a recent study by GetResponse.
5) Include links to your social media accounts in all email signatures. Now your employee’s email communications can help you grow your social media audience.
So what is the first step you are going to take to grow your social media reach? Share in the comments below.