---Core Job Responsibilities---
- A/R: prepares deposits; processes credit card payments; reconciles merchant accounts; assists in collections and maintenance of all A/R files.
- A/P: processes purchase orders, bills, and receipts; prepares vendor checks; answers vendor inquiries; analyzes vendor accounts and negotiates extended terms; assists in maintenance of all A/P files.
- Audits project, time and other company data.
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
*Aside: We use NetSuite as our accounting platform, and any new hire for this position shall be thoroughly trained to use it.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree (obtained or in progress) from 4-year, accredited college
- Minimum Experience: 1+ years bookkeeping experience (no experience if Bachelor’s has been earned)
- Minimum Field-of-Expertise: Good knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Minimum Computer Experience: Good Excel skills
- Minimum Attitude: Great
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Analytical/Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to handle frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues developmental opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.