The days when home builder marketing could dominate search results with basic manipulations and quickly grow a business online are gone. Search engines are much smarter now and home builder marketing on the internet today is highly competitive. Builders need a strategic blend of smart SEO, social media, content development and more to get ahead of the competition and increase sales.
Why Home Builders Need a Strong Presence Online
Consider these statistics:
- According to the National Association of Realtors, 88 percent of all home buyers use the internet in searching for a home and 52 percent take the first step in the buying process online.
- In 2011, 92 percent of first time buyers searched for a home online and 88 percent searched online for a real estate agent – NAR Survey.
- About half of all realtors use social media networking sites – NAR
- Today 91 percent of adults online use social media, according to Experian.
- An estimated 313,847,465 Americans now use the internet.
Home buyers are looking for homes and builders online. Will they find you?
Why Home Builders Need a Marketing Mix
A majority of people searching for information, products and services online use Google search. SEO helps home builder websites become more visible in search. But home builders cannot rely on SEO alone. As you can see by the statistics above, many buyers and realtors also actively use social media.
Home builders with a social media presence can communicate with those interested in buying a home. As a builder, you can also showcase your homes through social websites like Houzz and Pinterest, both of which send builders referral traffic.
Plus, social media can have a direct impact on search rankings. How much is debatable, but both Google and Bing have admitted they do consider social signals.
In addition to optimizing a website for search and utilizing social media, home builder marketing should include regular content development. Search engines love to share fresh, quality content in search results and will reward sites providing it. Content can drive sales. It can also help increase backlinks, which are important to search rankings.
Through a strategic use of social media, email marketing campaigns, pay per click advertising, search engine optimization, content development, conversion rate optimization and other online marketing methods combined, home builders can develop a strong presence online, grow business and remain competitive.
Don’t settle for one part of a whole. Take advantage of all home builder marketing opportunities available. If you want help, contact Forthea!